Launde Farm Foods is a butcher’s shop based at Hill Farm, Launde, LEICS. LE7 9XB.
Launde Farm Foods Limited is a private company registered in England and Wales with the company number ( ). Our registered office is at Hill Farm, Launde, LEICS. LE7 9XB
We are committed to the providing excellent quality products and service to our customers and this commitment extends to how we look after your personal information.
If you have any questions about how we look after your personal data, you can contact us:
• In writing, at our office address above. Please mark your letter for the attention of the Data Protection Officer
• By email to this address: [email protected]
• By telephone on 01572490428
When you place an order with Launde Farm Foods via our website (www.laundefarmfoods.co.uk), over the telephone through our contact centre or by post, as well as the items you have selected, we collect personal information about you to enable us to fulfil your order. The information that you share with us may be used to keep you in touch with our latest promotional offers, new products and your account information. We may contact you by mail, email, telephone or MMS / text. If you would prefer us not to contact you by any of these methods, or wish to change your preferences at any time, simply let us know. We require your name, delivery address, e-mail address (if your order is placed online), credit / debit card number and card expiry date and the three- or four-digit security code from the back of your card. We need these details to process your order and on rare occasions to inform you of any delays or problems with items in your order. Without this information, we will not be able to process your request or notify you of acceptance of your order. We request a contact telephone number too so that we may contact you urgently if there is a problem your order or its delivery. We may, unless you advise us otherwise, pass this contact number to our couriers or other agents in case they need to contact you to arrange the processing or delivery.
When you register with us the information that you share will allow us to contact you with notifications of special offers, promotions and other correspondence from us via mail, email, SMS and a few times a year by telephone. You are always in complete control of how we can contact you for marketing purposes. If you don’t want to receive our marketing communications, please let us know at the time of ordering. When creating an account online, if you leave the box unticked you will receive email marketing communications via these channels. After you have registered your online account with Launde Farm Foods, you can manage your preferences for marketing communications including the frequency with which we will send them, at any time by giving us a call on 01572490428. You can also opt-out of receiving emails by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any such email correspondence.
How we use your personal data:
• To enable you to place orders for Launde Farm Foods’s products and services
• To fulfil those orders sending you the products and services you have purchased from Launde Farm Foods and enable us to communicate with you about them
• To manage the account you have registered with us including your preferences for marketing communications
• To improve the range of products offers and associated products and services we can offer you and to help identify new products and services in the future
• To enable us to present you with personalised offers on our website, through social media channels such as Facebook and Instagram and by placing banner advertisements on third party websites
• To personalise the communications, you receive from us about the Launde Farm Foods products you love, unique events, and special offers and promotions including our sales.
• To allow you to post links to our products on social media
• To verify your identity
• To detect and prevent fraud and other illegal activities (and to assist regulators, trade bodies and law enforcement agencies in relation to the same)
• To carry out research to better understand your views on our products and services
• To allow you to continue enjoying our customer service
• To comply with the law
Our lawful basis for processing your personal data When fulfilling any orders, you place with Launde Farm Foods we will process your personal data we rely on the lawful basis of Contract. When keeping in touch with you via our marketing communications we will process your personal data we rely on the lawful basis of Legitimate Interest.
Our Legitimate Interests
Launde Farm Foods’s “Legitimate Interests” means the interests of our company in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best products and services, and the best and most secure experience whether via our website or our contact centre.
When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. This is a fair process and our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless you have requested us to do so or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
For example, we have an interest in marketing our products and services to you, and making sure our marketing is relevant and timely for you. Therefore, we may process your information to send you marketing that is tailored to your interests.
It can also apply to processing that is in your interests as well. For example, we may process your information to protect you against fraud when transacting on our website, and to ensure our websites and systems where your personal data is stored are secure.
Where we rely on our legitimate interests to send you marketing communications, we shall tell you when you become a customer how we would like to market our products and services to you, and offer you a means of opting out of those communications both at the time we collect your data and any time in the future if change your mind. You can change your preferences about our marketing communications at any time by calling us on 01572490428, by emailing us at [email protected] or by logging on to your account at our website.
In addition to sending you marketing communications, we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal data so that we can:
• Improve our existing product range, associated products and services, and develop new ones
• Provide you with a quality customer service experience
• Protect you, our employees and our business
• Understand your likes and dislikes, what products you want to hear about and how best to contact you to inform you about them
• Manage insurance claims made by our customers
• Taking legal action against any party in breach of its obligations to Launde Farm Foods Limited, and handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Launde Farm Foods Limited.
Our site uses secure server software to protect your information whenever you place an order or access your account information. This software encrypts all information you input before it is transferred, to minimise the risk of the data being intercepted before it is received by our systems. We also follow a tight security procedure as required under UK Data Protection Legislation (the Data Protection Act 2018) to protect the information that we store about you from unauthorised access. We may wish to pass your name and address details to trusted retail partners whose offers we believe may be of interest to you. If you would prefer not to enjoy this service then please contact us to inform us of your preference. We will never share your email address or telephone numbers with any retail partners.
Internal Confidentiality Within Launde Farm Foods
Within Launde Farm Foods we protect your privacy in 3 ways:
• Access to customer account information is limited to those who need access for the performance of their job.
• We use full login and password controls on our sales control system.
• Confidentiality and database access controls are reviewed periodically and updated as required to further protect your personal data.
• If, for any reason, you are unsure about the personal and account information we are holding in your name, please contact us. We will happily review your account and update the records if required. You can contact us by email, phone or letter. Alternatively, this information can be checked and reviewed once you have signed in to your account on our website. You have a number of rights under data protection laws; these are summarised below.
• Your right to be informed
Your right of access
• At any time, you can request access to the personal data we hold about you and your purchases with Launde Farm Foods by writing to our office address, calling us on 01572490428 or emailing us at [email protected]. To process your request, we will contact you to provide a verification code so that we can be sure we are releasing your personal data to the right person. We will aim to process your request within one month of receiving it. However, if your request is particularly complex or we have received numerous requests, your request may take a little longer to a maximum of three months from receipt of your request. If we do need this additional time, we will write to you within the first month to advise of reason for the extension. We can provide you with a copy of your personal data in electronic format or hard copy. If we consider the frequency of your requests is unreasonable, we may refuse to comply with your request. In those circumstances, we would notify you of your right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Your right to rectification
• We will always try to ensure that our records are as accurate and up to date as possible. We ask for your help to enable us to do this. If you think that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete we would welcome your feedback. Please contact us by calling us on 01572490428 or emailing [email protected]. Alternatively, you can login to your account on our website and update your details there.
Your right to erasure – (also known as your right ‘to be forgotten’)
• Your right to erasure is also known as your right be forgotten. You can ask us to delete your personal data; however, this is not an absolute right. We can refuse to erase personal data which we need to keep (i) to comply with a legal obligation (for instance, we are required by HMRC to keep certain personal data for up to 6 years for VAT reporting purposes); (ii) in relation to the exercise or defence of any legal claims (iii) where your account has been involved in fraudulent activity and (iv) where your account has campaigned abusive behaviour towards either Launde Farm Foods or those personnel within the Launde Farm Foods employ When you ask us to erase your personal data from our records, we will assume that you do not want to hear from us again. To ensure that we do not send you any special offers in the future (for example, if we purchased your details from a third-party mailing list), we will retain just enough of your personal data solely for suppression purposes.
• Other than as described above, we will always comply with your request. As you will have bought frozen food products from Launde Farm Foods we will retain your details for a period of no longer than three years from the date of your last delivery. This is simply because our products have a shelf life and will need to ensure that we are compliant with all food safety auditing body requirements. Your details will be removed within three years of receiving a verified request, unless we have a reason as outlined above to retain your details.
We would also notify any third parties with whom we have shared your personal data (for instance, our carriers for the purposes of delivering our products and services to you) about your request so that they could also comply.
Your right to restrict processing
• Some customers would prefer not to receive any marketing communications from us but would still like to order our products – they wish to restrict the processing of their personal information they have shared with us to the fulfilment of orders and provision of customer service information. This is not a problem and you can simply update your marketing preferences by calling us on 01572490428 or by logging on to your account at our website and visiting the preference centre.
Your right to transfer your personal data (known as data portability)
• You have the right to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one organisation to another. We are unable to provide any information that would be considered commercially sensitive to the running of Launde Farm Foods and can therefore provide little information that would be helpful to another online butcher in creating and account for you. However, if you do wish to transfer your personal data we would be happy to help. We will comply with your request within one month of its receipt. When making a request to transfer your personal information we would be grateful if you could identify exactly what personal data you wish us to transfer.
Your right to object and your rights related to automated decision making and profiling
• Here at Launde Farm Foods we work hard to personalise your experience with us as a customer to ensure that the offers, recipes and information for example new product launches we send you are interesting, timely and relevant. To do this we may look at your previous purchases, any reviews you have left and content you have downloaded or shared from our website or social media pages. This enables us to build a profile of the products within our range that we believe from the actions you have taken that you are most likely to buy or recommend. This is known as ‘profiling’. We may determine which products and offers to contact you about by using automated decision-making processes. If you would like us to stop processing your personal data for marketing purposes simply let us know by calling us on 01572490428 or emailing us at [email protected]. Please be aware that if you ask us to stop profiling your personal data we will no longer be able to send you the offers and content that relate to the products you enjoy the most.
So that we can provide you with our products and services, we need to share some of your personal data with core service providers including the courier companies we use to deliver our products to you; banks and clearing houses to process your payments; companies we use to carry out fraud protection; IT services providers; and printers to print your name and address on the marketing communications we send to you. We make sure that it remains secure:
• Every external company we work with is required to have a contract with us which clearly describes the data we are sharing with them and the purposes for which they can use your personal data. In addition, we set out our expectations about the way in which they keep your personal data secure and holds them fully responsible for meeting those expectations
• We will only send to our service providers the personal data that they need to fulfill their service to us.
With other trusted retail partners only when we have your consent to do so
We work with a number of trusted retail partner companies whose products and services we believe will be of interest to you. By trusted retail partners we mean companies operating in the food and wine, clothing, collectables, gardening, travel and entertainment, health and beauty, household goods and home interior categories. These companies include our marketing partners and social media partners (for instance you can publish a link on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to any our products that you have particularly enjoyed). We will only partner with a company that meets our own high standards and that we think is a good fit for our business and our customers. Each of these third parties is required by the terms of the contract we have agreed with them to use your personal data only as we instruct it and to ensure that your personal data is secure. We may also on occasions share your data with trusted retail partners either directly or through alliances operated by third parties. The companies we share your data with directly and the retailers participating in these alliances are active in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors categories. Each of the trusted retailers share information on what their customers buy. This information is then pooled and analysed to help the retailers understand consumers’ wider buying patterns. As a result, the retailers within the alliance can tailor their communications, sending suitable offers that should be of interest, based on what they like to buy. If you would rather not receive marketing offers from third party companies you can withdraw your permission whenever you want by calling us on 01572490428, by emailing us at [email protected]
With regulators and law enforcement agencies when required to do so by law
We are required to co-operate with regulators (like the Information Commissioner’s Office or HMRC) and law enforcement agencies (like the police or the Serious Fraud Office) in every country we operate in. Although it does not happen often, regulators and law enforcement agencies can require us to share information with them as part of an investigation; this may include your personal data. We would have to disclose your personal data where we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the regulator or crime enforcement agency’s demand.
When we think it is reasonably necessary to protect you or us
Occasionally businesses are subject to attempted criminal activities; this can affect both us and you. We will take all reasonable steps to protect you and our business but sometimes we may need to share your personal data where we think it is reasonably necessary to:
• Detect, monitor, investigate or prevent any suspected illegal activities, fraud or security issues
• Enforce our terms and conditions and to protect your and our rights and property
• Investigate and defend any third-party claims or allegations
As part of a business sale or purchase, merger or reorganisation.
From time to time we may look to purchase another business or sell or re-organise parts of our business to ensure that we remain in strong shape. Sometimes these types of corporate transactions involve the transfer of your personal data solely for the purposes of assessing the transaction. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, personal data which we hold about you may be one of the transferred assets.
In aggregated format
Strictly speaking this is not personal data, but on occasions we will use data from which you cannot be personally identified but which does include information that relates to you (such as your purchase history). This data is combined with data from other customers to provide general trends on customers preferences, ratings and reviews and general buying habits.
Our cookies do not contain any personal information about you and are used to determine your browser and user preferences for our site. We believe that this can greatly assist us in providing you with the service that you desire and to enhance your browsing experience. We may also use technologies, such as our own cookies, to provide you with personalised online display advertising tailored to your interests.
We may use the services of third parties to collect and use anonymous information about your visits to and interactions with our website through the use of technologies such as cookies to personalise advertisements for goods and services. To learn more, or to opt-out of receiving online display advertisements tailored to your interests by our third-party partners, visit the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance at http://youronlinechoices.eu/.